Sunday, April 27, 2008

Using Photoshop Plugins in Gimp

If you use the Gimp you may or may not know that there is a way to use Photoshop filters within the Gimp.
And all it takes is the addition of 2 files.

The Gimp has many nice filters and scripts to create great effects and logos like those found at Cool Text
But there has always been a small deficiency in the filter department. Now that has been filled with this add-on.

This is not only for Ubuntu users. It works for Windows and other Linux distros.

Here is the link to the page that has the files you need;

PSPI Page

I have been using it in Ubuntu and I have found it works with Harry's filters
and many other free filter sets. I have tried the Alienskin Xenofex 2 filter package but it does not work. I think it works best with single filters rather then all-in-one packages like those from Alienskin.

The web site also mentions filters from Flaming Pear
I'm assuming that these will also work but can't verify it as I haven't tried any of them yet.

Enjoy your new filters in the Gimp!

TaZMAn




No comments: